Friday, February 22, 2013

Bittersweet Symphony Review. RIP CAM

I think everyone can see the toll this episode had on us. 
So I was really satisfied with this episode. It was absolutely realistic although watching it, I kind of had no idea what was going on, couldnt process anything and kind of hated my entire existence and the writers' as well. 
So the episode tonight was obviously heartbreaking and so fsgfgesfhada.

We all knew pretty much Cam was going to die but until Simpson actually said, "Campbell Saunders is dead", it didnt really kicked in. I think it was kind of ironic they started the episode with us having this hope for eclare with eclare sexy times and then the rest is legit hell.

They jumped right into the storyline. Maya's reaction to Cam's death wasnt surprising. I have cousins' whose mother died and didnt shed a single tear. And it was strange on my part because I was crying and thinking of my mom dying is something no child wants to think about. But then again everyone copes in different ways which I think we all need to take in account with Maya's reaction. 

But I think she took it too far with the speech at the vigil. 

Maya: "This is stupid. Cam doesnt deserve a candlelight vigil." To say Cam didnt deserve the respect of everyone in the school was a bit too much. I understand she's coping differently but insulting and disrespecting someone who committed suicide is so selfish especially with Becky saying that it was selfish and stupid of Cam to do that was too far. 

When Maya stared at her phone though and rewatched Cam's video to her about kidnapping Hoot, I actually died. Like omg, I was dealing with feels. Because obviously camaya being endgame is already eliminated off our list. But that video legit played with my feels, to see his face again ):

Dallas' reaction to the suicide. Can we just applaud Demetrius' acting. We never saw this side of him and I loved it. When he's yelling at Alli, ""You knew he had problems. He was crying, he was upset. Why didnt you do something? You should of done something. YOU DID NOTHING"

Dallas is absolutely bawling and you can tell how guilty he was and then on the roof, I couldnt deal. I was convinced he was going to jump so thank the lord Fiona was there to convince him out of it. 

So we dont know how Cam died, so many theories but we never are going to find out. To quote Stefan somewhat: "We felt it didnt add to the purpose of the storyline" Along those lines, so they didnt want to showcase how, the purpose was to show the effects of bullying which I think they accurately portrayed.

And Jake and Eli, that scene was so random, I think it was just for comedic and filler purposes. But I think there was some foreshadowing.
Jake: Is my greenhouse going to be haunted now? Eli: No, just me.
I think Eli is going to suffer from nightmares because of this and we're going to see how it really takes a toll on him. 

And I loved how everyone was effected and they showed how even if you dont have a personal connection with the person or they werent your best friend, it still influences you. I just dont know how Im going to process Dylan not being on the show anymore. Read his closing on Facebook here 

I think it was interesting how they chose Eli to find the body especially with his experiences of death, we can tell its going to take a toll on him in the next episode based on the promo even after he said "I attract death." That was obviously some foreshadowing because of what happened tonight. This will take forever to sink in

And  WHAT IS WITH DEGRASSI AND THE NUMBER 22? Someone on tumblr pointed out Julia died on the 22nd, this episode came out on the 22nd, Drop the World came on the 22nd. So weird. 

--------XXX-------XXXX------MUCHTALKS which you can watch here
So thankfully I still got to watch it though Im American, they uploaded it. And to be honest, it hit me more than the episode especially the stories in the audience and  hearing Aislinn share her personal story with possible depression, it just shows how comment these thoughts are, whether its minor depression or suicidal thoughts. But I think Muchtalks was a brilliant idea and this definitely had the impact as previous episodes like Time Stands Still and Rock This Town. Im really excited to see how it plays out in the rest of the season but Im really going to miss Dylan, he had an amazing season.
If you ever feel the need to talk about depression or suicide: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/   1-800-668-6868 / kidshelpphone.ca

See the cast reacting to finding out about Cam's death here

No comments:

Post a Comment